Mary Jo Rathgeb's successful 30-year career in media marketing saw her at companies like Playboy and Disney, but always knew it wasn’t where she would stay. Mary Jo focused on her career while transferring her skills, leveraging her strengths, and finding ways to contribute and add value.
When Mary Jo’s husband passed away in his early 40s, she found herself at a pivotal point in her career. She wanted to help people through significant life transitions and events – even death.
Today, Mary Jo is a 5x contributing author, speaker, and coach who helps people learn to accept and value themselves – the good, the bad, and the ugly – so they are free to be who they are -- not someone they think they are supposed to be.
While I was going through my coach training, Mary Jo Rathgeb was my success coach. I wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for her thoughtful and intuitive coaching. You’ll hear our story as well.
To connect with Mary Jo Rathgeb, email her at email@example.com or on her website, LinkedIn, and Amazon to see all of her books.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Register for My Performance Appraisal Webinar – January 26, 2022 (0:00)
· Meet Mary Jo Rathgeb (5:54)
· What Mary Jo Loved About Her Marketing Career (8:42)
· Being Laid Off Three Times, But Only Losing Your Job Once (11:53)
· Accepting the Layoff (14:36)
· Pursuing Her Coaching Career (17:42)
· Effects of People Pleasing (23:06)
· Lessons from a Performance Appraisal (25:54)
· Legacy & People Pleasing (31:15)
· Mary Jo’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (32:26)
· What’s Next for Mary Jo & How to Connect with Her (33:27)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
· Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneralSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.