Mary Jo Rathgeb's successful 30-year career in media marketing saw her at companies like Playboy and Disney, but always knew it wasn’t where she would stay. Mary Jo focused on her career while transferring her skills, leveraging her strengths, and finding ways to contribute and add value.
When Mary Jo’s husband passed away in his early 40s, she found herself at a pivotal point in her career. She wanted to help people through significant life transitions and events – even death.
Today, Mary Jo is a 5x contributing author, speaker, and coach who helps people learn to accept and value themselves – the good, the bad, and the ugly – so they are free to be who they are -- not someone they think they are supposed to be.
While I was going through my coach training, Mary Jo Rathgeb was my success coach. I wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for her thoughtful and intuitive coaching. You’ll hear our story as well.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Meet Mary Jo Rathgeb (5:54)
· What Mary Jo Loved About Her Marketing Career (8:42)
· Being Laid Off Three Times, But Only Losing Your Job Once (11:53)
· Accepting the Layoff (14:36)
· Pursuing Her Coaching Career (17:42)
· Effects of People Pleasing (23:06)
· Lessons from a Performance Appraisal (25:54)
· Legacy & People Pleasing (31:15)
· Mary Jo’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (32:26)
· What’s Next for Mary Jo & How to Connect with Her (33:27)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your freeSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.