Arla Lyles is a parent educator, trainer, coach, and support professional who helps parents be better parents. Working for a non-profit, Action for Children, Arla serves as a Mothers Matter Coach and Father Factor Case Manager.
Throughout Arla’s career, she always welcomed new opportunities. Each job gave her a chance to SHOW UP from a place of value and service. As someone who is always learning, each job was a stepping stone to get where she is today.
With a passion for meditation and yoga, Arla Lyles is an inspiration and source of motivation for you on your career journey. If you are wondering what is next or how to create your next advancement opportunity, make sure to listen to Arla’s empowering career story.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Meet Arla Lyles (2:37)
· Being Inspired for Who We Are and What We Do (5:55)
· Being a Substitute Teacher (8:17)
· Being a Substitute Lunch Lady (11:24)
· Coming from a Place of Value and Service in Our Careers (13:15)
· Advice for Making the “Right” Choice (16:26)
· Using Your Genius & How You Want to Be Seen & Viewed (20:46)
· Being a Parent Coach and Support (22:45)
· The Benefits of Meditation (25:42)
· Allowing Yourself to Make Mistakes (30:34)
· What’s Next for Arla and Her Career (31:15)
· Continuing Your Professional Development (32:51)
· Arla’s Advice to Build Your Mid-Career GPS (34:25)
· Connect with Arla Lyles on LinkedIn (35:04)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.