Speaking confidently and competently about your strengths is essential for building Your Mid-Career GPS when you are networking and interviewing.
Many people think they do it well. However, they often confuse their message with fluff and buzzwords they believe they should be using. All that does is detract from their ability to communicate their value and frustrate hiring managers and interviewers.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to identify your strengths and communicate them more strongly when looking to secure an internal promotion or land a better position in a different organization.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Get Your Free 2022 Mid-Career GPS Goal Setting Guide (1:30)
· Join My Private Facebook Group (2:05)
· What Are Your Strengths? (3:25)
· Don’t Make This Mistake When Talking About Your Strengths (5:28)
· “Fluff Speak” & Buzzwords (8:36)
· Identifying Your Strengths | Gallup StrengthsFinder (9:01)
· When My Friend Reviewed My Resume (13:04)
· Clearly Communicating Your Strengths (15:46)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.