With the new year comes excitement about all of the things that will happen this year. It’s a wonderful time to pause and reflect on what you want to accomplish in 2022.
But goal setting can be overwhelming. You may feel as if it is something you “should” do, but you may also feel pressure to share those goals as well. You don’t have to set goals. You don’t have to share them. This is your career and your life. You are in control of it.
I’ve learned over the years that goal setting can be easy when the goals are clear and focused.
In this episode, I’m sharing with you how you can create a goal that is easy and not overwhelming while at the same time crystal clear to help you get the results you want.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Get Your Free Goal Planning Guide (0:40)
· Why We Set Goals (2:55)
· Being Clear About the Motivation Behind Your Goals (6:10)
· You Don’t Have to Share Your Goals (6:55)
· Excitement About New Year’s (8:00)
· January 1 is a “Fresh Start” (9:00)
· Dealing with Overwhelm (10:04)
· An Example of Setting Goals (15:00)
· What Are You Going to Do Regarding Your Goal (20:00)
· Achieving a Goal is Something You Do (20:51)
· Get Your Free Planning Guide (26:20)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.