You don’t have to leave your organization to advance your career. Many mid-career employees find ways to grow their careers and advance within their organizations. The key is working for a company that can provide opportunities for you and knowing how to open doors, network, and create those opportunities.
John gets on the mic with Hallmark’s Digital Catalog and Marketing Manager, Theresa McGeehan. They talk about how she’s worked for Hallmark since her college graduation and why Hallmark is a great company for her to learn, grow, and serve her customers each day.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Episode Background (0:43)
· What Theresa Wanted to Be Growing Up (4:36)
· Wanting to Work for Hallmark (5:23)
· Transferring Skills (6:55)
· Being Organizationally Loyal (8:25)
· Finding Ways to Grow Internally (9:56)
· The Customer Journey (11:12)
· Career Lessons Learned During the Pandemic (12:21)
· Finding Internal Advancement Opportunities (18:30)
· Being Open to Learning New Things (19:52)
· Rising Stars | Network of Executive Women (22:25)
· Three Things Theresa Needs for Her Career (24:36)
· Theresa’s Advice to Build Your Mid-Career GPS (28:10)
· Connect with Theresa McGeehan (29:01)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.