Networking is an essential component to building Your Mid-Career GPS. However, many people find networking intimidating or nerve-wracking. After all, if it were so easy, everyone would be great at it!
In this episode, I’m looking back at some of my best conversations that have dealt with networking to help you start building better professional relationships, make more meaningful connections, and grow your network to help you create your next advancement opportunity.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Revisiting These Networking Conversations (2:01)
· David Shriner-Cahn’s (Episode #64) Tips to Network More Effectively (2:51)
· Jean Humbrecht’s (Episode #25) Tips to How Networking Has Helped Her Career (4:25)
· Dean Cox’s (Episode #38) Advice to Keep Our Options Open (5:35)
· Lisa Lewis Miller’s (Episode #16) Four People You Need to Talk to (8:13)
· Jessi Shuraleff’s (Episode #19) Tips as a Former Google Executive (12:10)
· Joan Smith’s (Episode #29) Tips for Networking Through Informational Interviews (14:20)
· Dan Nestle’s (Episode #44) Networking Tip to Always Learn (15:50)
· Networking is Something We Just Do (18:24)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· Visit https://themidcareergpspodcast.buzzsprout.com to find these and other interviews to help you build Your Mid-Career GPS
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Follow on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Follow me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.