You’ve had the opportunity to work with people who’ve had a profound influence on who you are and what you do. Recently, I received a text from a former boss that just made my day. I remember how much I enjoyed working with him and how much I learned from him.
In this episode, I’m sharing some stories about two outstanding leaders I’ve had the honor to work with and how they impacted my life and career at a point in my mid-career journey when I needed them the most.
Which leader impacts you the most? Make sure you take some time to thank them for what they’ve done for you and your career.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Join the 14-Day Build Your Mid-Career GPS Challenge (2:41)
· Get My Your Mid-Career GPS Book (3:53)
· Early Childhood Influencers (4:33)
· Getting “The Job” (6:18)
· Who Was Your Mentor? (7:16)
· Leaders Model What They Want for You (9:30)
· Being Transparent (10:00)
· Great Leaders Help (12:30)
· Learning from Great Leaders (14:08)
· Making My Mid-Career Move (15:00)
· Working with Great People (19:23)
· When Leaders Leave (20:11)
· Leaders Help You Find & Strengthen Your Voice (21:20)
· Who’s Contributed to Your Success? (22:25)
· Your Professional Change is Coming (23:51)
· SHOWing Up from a Place of Value and Service (25:00)
· Getting Ready for 2022 (26:14)
· The Last Thing I Said to My Students Each Day (27:54)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.