Navigating your mid-career journey can be challenging. As we enter our 40s, we must consider life events and career changes. These may be empty nest syndrome, gray divorce, and ageism. In this episode, John gets on the mic with the Career and Retirement Transition Coach, Lisa Downs, to help you stop wasting time so you can lead happy, fulfilling lives doing meaningful work. It’s not too early to start thinking about these things.
Connect with Lisa:
Email: [email protected]
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Some Announcements (2:36)
· Get to Know Lisa Downs (4:00)
· Lisa’s Career Inspiration (5:27)
· Lisa’s Career Clarity and Path to Public Education (7:37)
· Transferring Your Skills (10:09)
· Considering a Bridge Job (12:02)
· Identifying Where the Career “Stuckness” Is (14:03)
· Informational Interview Questions (17:35)
· Challenges and Considerations for 40+ Professionals (19:25)
· Combatting Ageism (22:46)
· Lisa’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (26:10)
· Connect with Lisa (28:04)
· A Few Closing Thoughts (28:53)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Follow on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Follow me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.