You have a relationship with money based on events and circumstances from the moment you were born. How you tell your money story is a reflection of your values.
In this episode, I’m joined by Laura Rotter – a heart-centered, values-based financial planner and the owner of True Abundance Advisors. Laura spent almost 30 years working for some of the largest institutional investors, such as Citicorp and Para Advisors. Today, Laura utilizes her mindfulness practices and helps professionals facing big life changes to achieve financial security and life satisfaction.
You’ll learn why your money story is directly tied to your values, how to affirm the good when it comes to your money, why feeling as if you’ll never have enough money is only hurting you, and how to have the money conversation with your spouse/partner and a potential employer.
To connect with Laura Rotter, you can email her at [email protected], visit her website at https://TrueAbundanceAdvisors.com, connect with her on LinkedIn and Facebook and follow her on Twitter @Rotters5
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Intro (0:00)
· What Laura Wanted to be Growing Up (2:02)
· Laura’s Changing Career Path (3:43)
· Making a Change and Leaning Into Your Genius (7:49)
· Our Money Stories (10:03)
· Our Money Helps Us Make More Meaning (12:15)
· Thoughts About Debt (15:08)
· Making a Change When It’s Painful Enough (19:00)
· Affirming the Good About Your Money Story (19:52)
· How to Answer the Dreaded Salary Question (21:11)
· Know Your Value (25:15)
· Advice for Couples to Talk About Money (26:39)
· Laura’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (31:31)
· Connect with Laura Rotter (33:07)
· Your Call to Action (34:08)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.