You’ve been told you need to be “nicer,” but don’t want to be a pushover.
Sure, you know how to be “nice,” but you worry that it may backfire when it comes to how you lead your team and how it impacts your brand.
In this episode, you’ll learn strategies to help you be “nicer” without compromising your effectiveness or negatively impacting your leadership presence.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· What Does It Mean to “Be Nice” in Your Career? (0:40)
· My Six SHOW UP Strategies (2:05)
· Defining “Nice” (3:30)
· Being Nice Doesn’t Mean Being a Doormat (5:30)
· Setting Boundaries Around You Being “Nice” (7:50)
· “Niceness is an Essential Quality of Leadership…” by Fran Hauser (13:30)
· People Pleasing (15:50)
· Student Teaching and “Being Nice” (18:00)
· Being Nice Isn’t Enabling (20:40)
· Being Nice and Your Brand (21:40)
· Challenge - Focus on One Area to Be Nicer (27:25)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.