It’s natural to feel disappointed or frustrated in your career progress. After all, it’s easy to compare yourself to everyone else. However, you’ve planned where your career is headed, and your biggest trouble is figuring out the best way to execute that plan.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing some helpful tips for you to recognize that life and career happen – meaning you may have a change in your plans, but not your direction.
Join me as I share some helpful tips to help you address your career roadblocks, manage risk when it comes to finding a new job, and where high performers often struggle with career satisfaction and how to stay focused on where your career is headed.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Intro (0:40)
· Finding an Old Yearbook (2:40)
· Being Filled with Career Dreams (3:34)
· Life Happens (4:56)
· Making a Move, You Never Planned (5:55)
· Having Everything Planned After Graduation (7:00)
· Being Grateful for Your Career (8:20)
· Evaluating Where We “Should” Be in Our Careers (9:50)
· Getting Your First Leadership Role (10:50)
· High Performers or High Potentials (11:50)
· Fight or Flight for Your Career (13:03)
· Hitting Roadblocks (14:06)
· The Great Resignation & Your Career Path (16:40)
· We Make Changes Based on Our Motivation (18:16)
· Shopping for a New Job (20:15)
· Taking a Risk Assessment (20:55)
· Change in My Business Plans (21:54)
· One Interview Tip re: Your Career Plans (25:00)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.