A 2014 survey by Working Mother Media and Pfizer found that almost half of women said they believed their symptoms made their work-life more difficult, with 1 in 5 saying they altered their schedule over it. A 2020 study found that the more issues women experienced with menopause, the more their job performance suffered.
Julia (Kinslow) Sorescu helps mid-career women wake up to their most compelling selves. In this episode, Julia and I talk about what menopause is, how it impacts your career, and how men can be wonderful allies to the women they care about during this time.
You can connect with Julia on LinkedIn (@Julia Kinslow) and Facebook and Twitter (@GetGrittyC). Visit https://getgrittycoaching.com for more information about Julia and her work.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:40)
· Background on This Episode (3:08)
· Julia’s Career Story (3:42)
· Defining Menopause (8:35)
· Changing the Conversation About Menopause (12:55)
· Understanding the Complexities of Menopause (16:19)
· Men Who Are Allies (18:39)
· Menopause & the Pandemic (20:48)
· Why Companies Should Care About Menopause (24:19)
· Gaining Leadership Support (25:51)
· What Happens After Menopause (30:44)
· What Else to Know (34:20)
· Julia’s Advice to Help Your Build Your Mid-Career GPS (37:21)
· Connect with Julia (38:22)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· The Menopause Manifesto by Dr. Jen Gunter
· A Woman’s Guide to a Trouble-Free Menopause by Nan Lu
· The Wisdom of Menopause by Christiane Northrup, MD., 4th addition
· Estrogen Matters by Avrum Bluming, MD and Carol Tavris, PhD
· North American Menopause Society: https://www.menopause.org
Calls to Action:
· Visit https://johnneral.com to get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Follow on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.