You will likely experience some type of job loss during your career, whether it is caused by a termination, reduction in force, layoff, or by choice. These events may be more traumatic and stressful without appropriate scenario planning because you haven’t considered a “Plan B.”
After 28 years as a highly skilled employee, David Shriner-Cahn was told that his job was over. Today, David is a thriving entrepreneur, speaker, and host of two podcasts – Smashing the Plateau and Going Solo. He helps high-achieving professionals, who have had a late-career job loss, build their consulting or coaching business, so they can do what they love and get paid what they’re worth – consistently.
David and I talk about why scenario planning is vital to building Your Mid-Career GPS, as well as some things you can do to make a job loss easier to help you thrive on the other side of it.
Connect with David
Email - [email protected]
Website -https://SmashingThePlateau.com and make sure to get his free e-guide, 49 Tips To Smash Your Plateau:
LinkedIn - @DavidShrinerCahn
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Intro (0:40)
· What David and Who David Wanted to Be Growing Up (2:20)
· David’s Career Walk and His Job Being Eliminated (3:34)
· Why Scenario Planning is Important in Your Career (8:16)
· Owning Your Career Events – Including Being Fired (13:15)
· What’s the Worst Thing That Could Happen if You Lose Your Job? (14:30)
· Dealing with Drama, Grief, Fear, and Shame with Your Job Loss (15:17)
· Securing Business Credit Before You Need It (18:50)
· Scenario Planning When Considering Starting a Consultancy (21:13)
· Taking Time for Self-Reflection After a Job Transition – And What Make Me Laugh So Hard (23:40)
· David’s Networking Tips (26:21)
· Don’t Wait to Get it Right – Just Get Started (29:21)
· How to Connect with David (31:30)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Follow on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen.
· Follow me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.