As heart-centered professionals, leading in a post-pandemic world is no easy task. You want to be empathic and compassionate, and at the same time, ensure you can deliver results with high quality. Work needs to get done, and you are finding ways to do it. For some, you may be enjoying working from home. For others, you’ve never left the front lines. Today, my guest has helped tens of thousands of people SHOW UP and lead more authentically to make the impact they want.
Sam Palazzolo and I get on the mic to discuss how to lead more effectively in this ever-changing environment. We also talk about what it may be like to go back to the worksite when it’s the right time, the difference between leading and managing, and how being more empathic will help you lead from a greater place of influence and impact.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introducing Sam Palazzolo (0:40)
· What Sam Wanted to Be Growing Up (4:40)
· The Difference Between Leading and Managing (6:30)
· Leading in a Post-Pandemic World (7:51)
· Why Some Leaders Hold Empathy and Compassion Back (10:57)
· Going Back to the Worksite (14:22)
· The Pandemic is the Ultimate Curveball to Organizations (17:10)
· Fear of Missing Out by Not Being at the Worksite (17:45)
· Sam’s Lessons Learned During the Pandemic (22:53)
· The “Screw Up – Move Up” Policy (27:26)
· Sam’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (28:15)
· How to Connect with Sam (34:53)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.