When County Club Lanes in Baltimore, Maryland, unexpectedly closed last week, I fondly remembered the five weeks I worked there, the people I met, and one of the best managers I have had in my life.
In this episode, I turn on the mic to share a very personal story about how my passion for working in the bowling industry turned into a 25-year career in education. This is a lesson in being open to all possibilities and grateful for whatever may come next, having wonderful leaders and managers, and building relationships grounded in clear expectations.
You are exactly where you are supposed to be in your career, and it doesn’t mean this is where you are meant to be for the rest of your career. Appreciate and be grateful for the moment because it will help you create your next advancement opportunity.
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.