You have a professional brand and a reputation. People will talk about you, and they will say things that may or may not be in alignment with what you think your brand is. You must be aware of what’s being said about you to help manage, protect, and promote your brand.
In this episode, I’m sharing the differences between your brand and your reputation, how to get the information you need to help you control the narrative, and help you increase your brand awareness so you can create your next advancement opportunity.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Defining “Brand” and “Reputation” (2:20)
· Thinking About Your Brand Loyalty (3:25)
· Getting Clearer About Your Professional Brand (6:02)
· Perception versus Reality (7:15)
· Being Vulnerable About Your Brand (9:02)
· Asking Curious Questions About Your Brand (20:00)
· Protect and Promote Your Brand (22:45)
· Why Recommendations or Job References Aren’t as Important as They Used to Be (25:10)
· Interviews Are Branding Conversations (26:58)
· Mayim Bialik, Jeopardy!, and Their Brands (29:40)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· 5 Steps to Boost Your Personal and Professional Brand by Kimberly Schneiderman
· Center for Creative Leadership (Learn more about 360 assessments)
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.