If your job search isn’t going as planned, it’s easy to compare your results to those of your friends, family members, classmates, and colleagues. I want you to remember that Your Mid-Career GPS is your journey – not someone else’s. Let’s acknowledge that it is easier said than done.
In this episode, I’m talking to you about when you are deep in comparison mode and whether or not it’s serving you to get the results you want. When despair sets in because comparing yourself to others has a tight hold on you, this episode will help you navigate out of it, recognize your achievements and successes, and get you back in the fast lane to figuring out whatever is next.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Get My Book & Join My 14-Day Build Your Mid-Career GPS Challenge (0:45)
· Being in Comparison Mode (2:10)
· Comparing Your Salary to Someone Else (5:20)
· Your Best Time to Negotiate Your Salary is at the Point of Hire (6:50)
· How Does Comparing Yourself to Someone Else Serve You? (7:48)
· Your Career Transition Journey is Yours and Yours Alone (8:56)
· Advice for Recent Graduates and Their Job Search (10:10)
· When Feelings of Despair Creep into Your Job Search (10:54)
· Four Tips to Help You Get Out of the Despair in Your Job Search (12:21)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.