Have you struggled with networking because you fear you don’t offer enough value to connect with someone?
Does the thought of reaching out to a total stranger and connecting frighten you because you don’t know how to do it?
These fear are common, and honestly, networking is challenging. In this episode, I’m breaking down the differences between cold and warm networking so you can build Your Mid-Career GPS and make more connections with greater ease and less stress.
After all, you’ve got a lot to offer, and if you’re ready to build your network or re-engage them, this is a great way to do it.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Join my 14-Day Build Your Mid-Career GPS Challenge (1:42)
· Why Networking is Hard (4:26)
· Your Value & That Networking Relationship (6:30)
· What is Cold Networking? (10:20)
· An Example of a Cold Networking Outreach Message (11:52)
· Networking Tips for an Active Job Seeker (14:30)
· What is Warm Networking? (21:38)
· Your Networking Challenge (25:26)
· Wrapping Up (27:15)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.