More and more companies are moving toward video, one-way interviews as a way to screen their applicants initially.
I’m talking with Jeremy Tolan, Partnership Manager at Spark Hire. Spark Hire’s video interviewing platform is used by over 6,000 of the world’s top organizations. As an active job seeker, you must be familiar with and know how to navigate the one-way interview to tell your story better and answer their questions more directly. Once you successfully navigate this experience, you will have a better chance of moving on to the next round of interviews.
Jeremy and I talk about how job interviews have changed during the pandemic, the future of virtual interviewing, and his best tips for helping you do better at these one-way interviews.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Discussing Video Interviews and Why You Need to Be Great at Them (1:31)
· What did Jeremy want to be growing up? (3:05)
· What is Spark Hire, and How Do They Help Organizations? (4:44)
· How Has Interviewing Changed During the Pandemic (6:12)
· Tips for Navigating a One-Way Interview (9:00)
· How Companies Customize the One-Way Interview Experience (12:53)
· How Do Companies Use Virtual Interviews for Their Hiring Process (15:18)
· Why Use Spark Hire Over Other Virtual Platforms? (20:34)
· What is the Future of Virtual or Video Interviewing? (22:29)
· Jeremy’s Video Interviewing Pet-Peeves (25:25)
· Jeremy’s Advice for Building Your Mid-Career GPS (29:31)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· Job Interview Tips – https://sparkhire.com/candidates
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.