What makes you happiest in your career? Whether you are chasing the title, looking for the big paycheck, doing rewarding work, or making the impact you want, getting clear about what will make you happy is only part of it. This is an opportunity to look at yourself and determine what has you stuck and how you want to get unstuck.
John gets on the mic with marketing executive and dot-connector Dan Nestle to discuss how leaving a legacy in your career will lead to greater professional happiness and fulfillment. Having worked all over the world, Dan brings a unique and realistic perspective to chasing your career dreams, says that the grass is never greener, and knows that the true secret to a successful career and happiness is making meaningful and intentional business connections that lead to powerful relationships.
You can connect with Dan Nestle on LinkedIn, follow him on Twitter @dsnestle, or email him at [email protected]. You are also encouraged to subscribe to “The Dan Nestle Show” wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· What Dan Wanted to Be When He Was Growing Up? (4:14)
· Your Role in Life is to Create Something (7:58)
· Wanting to Leave a legacy (9:33)
· Being Confident & Providing Value (12:18)
· Dan’s Career Story & Experiences (16:38)
· The Grass is Never Greener (22:03)
· Finding Career Happiness (26:34)
· Getting Unstuck in Your Career (31:26)
· Dan’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (38:10)
· Why Giving Helps You Build Connections (41:07)
· What’s Next for Dan Nestle and How to Connect with Him (44:40)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social - LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.