More than ever, building relationships that matter is key to your career success. While networking has always been something you “should” do, more and more professionals find that networking is essential to helping them meet new people, being an excellent connection resource, and learn how to be a giver when it comes to these relationships.
Rebecca Otis Leder is the author of KNOCK - How to Open Doors and Build Career Relationships that Matter. It’s a fantastic book and an easy read to help you identify and build these types of business relationships as you create Your Mid-Career GPS. Rebecca’s KNOCK Method focuses on five fundamental principles:
· Know My Topic and My Contact
· Not About Me
· Own It
· Keep Giving
You can contact Rebecca at [email protected] and follow her on Instagram and Facebook at @theknockmethod and Twitter at @therebeccaleder. In addition, you can find KNOCK, How to Open Doors and Build Career Relationships that Matter on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Target, or ask your favorite book store to order you a copy!
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· What did you want to do growing up? (2:45)
· Your Blog – therebeccamendations.com (4:40)
· Collaboration vs. Competition (8:10)
· Career Growers, Career Changers and Career Builders (12:05)
· What is the KNOCK Method? (13:19)
· Why is it “Not About Me?” (17:33)
· Don’t be creepy! (22:06)
· Career Builders during the pandemic (26:23)
· “Value people for who they are” (30:20)
· What advice would you give someone to help them build their Mid-Career GPS? (34:10)
· Where you can follow Rebecca Leder (36:20)
List of Resources:
· Visit www.theknockmethod.com for more information
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of an amazing group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.