How good is your gut instinct? Have you ever had the intuitive hit and just figured this was what you were supposed to do? Perhaps, you decided on a job offer, and it turned out well for you. Maybe you chose one offer and wondered how things would have been if you had taken the other offer. You will face many crossroads in your career, and your decision will likely be based upon how well you trust your gut.
In this episode, I’m taking you through a few examples of how you can leverage your previous experiences and talent to help you make a more informed decision about whatever is next for your career as you build, and learn to trust, your internal GPS. I’ll guide you through an exercise about taking a pulse check, how to manage self-doubt, and how to trust your GPS when deciding between two job offers.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· A Few Celebrations & Update About My New Book (0:45)
· How Your Brain Impacts Your Job Search (4:17)
· Will You Return to the Worksite? (5:20)
· Learning to Trust Your GPS (7:15)
· Imprinting Negativity After Your Interview (14:15)
· When the Job Isn’t Right for You (15:36)
· Taking a Pulse Check of Where Your Career Is Headed (18:55)
· Having Self-Doubt in Your Career Trajectory (22:38)
· Think About and Doing Whatever Is Next (23:56)
· Getting Intuitive Hits to Make Decisions (26:00)
· Trusting Your GPS from One Job to the Next (26:55)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com for more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.