Have you ever felt as if you were “professionally independent?” It’s that moment when you know you are trusted and depended upon to do high-quality work and don’t have someone hovering over you for each task.
As we near the 4th of July Holiday, I’m taking some time on this episode to explore what “professional independence” is and where you can find it in your career. Plus, we will explore how micromanagers impact our careers. And if you have ever considering going into business for yourself, I’ll pull back the curtain on my entrepreneurial journey and why being my boss isn’t always so glamorous.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Defining Your Professional Independence (1:30)
· My First Memories of Being Professionally Independent (2:30)
· Feeling Professionally Independent (4:52)
· Feeling Professionally Stuck (7:51)
· Considering Entrepreneurship (9:18)
· Your Opportunities for Professional Independence (21:29)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.