Amy Landry is one of the most resilient professionals I know, and I’m honored to have had the opportunity to serve as her coach. A leader in the compliance field, Amy found herself without a job in 2020 due to the pandemic and layoffs. While confident in her skills, Amy went through the roller coaster of dealing with a career transition and trying to figure out what’s next.
In this episode, Amy and John talk about her non-linear career path and how she found herself at a pivotal moment during her mid-career journey figuring out what would be next for her. Amy shares why making a plan was vital to her success and how she managed her thoughts and energy levels ride the wave of emotions that came with this process. Amy talks about her Unique Professional Value and how that propelled her into obtaining additional certifications, starting a professional blog, and using her time during the pandemic to make her even more valuable to her new organization. Amy also shares why practicing her interviewing skills was vital to helping her tell her career story from a place of value and service.
You can connect with Amy on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/amy-landry-ccep/.
You can follow Amy on Twitter @Amy_L_Landry.
You can read Amy’s blog at https://www.linkedin.com/in/amy-landry-ccep/detail/recent-activity/posts/
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· What did Amy want to be growing up? (3:56)
· Amy’s Non-Linear Career Path That Got Her Into Compliance (6:05)
· What Amy Learned from Being Laid-Off During the Pandemic (13:39)
· The Highs and Lows of Being Laid-Off (18:52)
· The Importance of Making a Career Transition Plan or GPS (20:25)
· Reaching Out to Your Network and Sharing You’ve Been Laid Off (24:40)
· Being Resilient in Your Job Search and Practice Your Interview Skills (28:20)
· What Amy Learned from Coaching and the Energy Leadership Index ™ (33:24)
· What Advice Amy Would Give Someone to Help Them Build Their Mid-Career GPS (35:43)
List of Resources:
· You can read Amy’s blog at https://www.linkedin.com/in/amy-landry-ccep/detail/recent-activity/posts/
Calls to Action:
· Download “The 55-Minute Career Transition Jump Start” by clicking here or visiting https://johnneral.com.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.