With many people in a state of career transition or change, you may wonder whether or not you are in the driver’s seat of your career. Job seekers are constantly looking for jobs, networking, conducting informational interviews, having intentional conversations, and interviewing for potential opportunities.
You can also be in the driver’s seat of your career in a job you love as you focus on doing quality work each day, building your technical capacity, increasing your organizational knowledge, and expanding your narrative.
If you feel too comfortable in your career, it may be a sign to step on the gas and get your career moving a bit faster.
In this episode, I’m helping you shift your mindset to recognize you are always in the driver’s seat of your career. It’s just a matter of how fast you want to go and why.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· When you are the driver (2:15)
· Being the driver and the job seeker (8:19)
· Being the driver in a job you love (9:10)
· Being too comfortable in your career (11:22)
· What if you are always in the driver’s seat? (13:42)
· Having the mindset that you get to go to work (15:26)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of an amazing group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.