I’m often asked about the kinds of questions applicants should ask potential employers during an interview. Candidates often spend a lot of time preparing these questions because they realize that what they ask tells the interview a lot about their interest in the position. Therefore, you want your questions to be thoughtful and reflective of where you are at in the interview process.
In this episode, I’m sharing why these questions are vital to your interview performance and how the questions you ask may make the difference between you being offered the job or not. Plus, I’ll share a few tips where you can gather information to formulate those questions, along with my favorite question to ask a hiring manager or interviewer. Plus, I’ll share what questions you should not ask.
If you have ever wondered what makes a good question and what doesn’t, take a few moments to listen to this episode to help you prepare more intentionally for your next interview.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Overview of Why These Questions Are Vital to Your Interview Performance (2:33)
· The Importance of Asking Quality Questions When It’s Your Turn (3:39)
· My Most Memorable Moment When My Questions Impacted the Interview Panel (6:31)
· Where to Gather Information to Formulate Your Questions (12:51)
· My Favorite Question to Ask a Hiring Manager or Interviewer (18:26)
· SHOWing UP At Your Best During an Interview (21:20)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of an amazing group of like-minded professionals navigating their career path just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.