The previous two episodes have focused on tips to help you CRUSH your next interview. So if you haven’t had a chance to listen to them, please make sure you go back and listen.
And while interviewing best practices and strategies are important considerations, you also must be mindful not to do anything that will upset or annoy the hiring manager or interviewers.
In this episode, I share my top ten interview pet peeves combining all of my experiences as a hiring manager, candidate, and coach. While I open this conversation, let’s have a few laughs and increase your awareness of things you will want to consider NOT doing during your next interview. All of these things are easily corrected with a bit of work and some attention. If you avoid these interview pet peeves, you’ll increase your chances of building a positive and memorable relationship with a hiring manager interested in learning more about you rather than waiting for the interview to end.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· A Note to Hiring Managers About This Episode (1:25)
· Pet Peeve #10 – Not Following Up (3:49)
· Pet Peeve #9 – Using Too Many Buzzwords (6:01)
· Pet Peeve #8 – Interrupting (7:40)
· Pet Peeve #7 – Not Dressing Appropriately (9:40)
· Pet Peeve #6 – Having No Personality (11:35)
· Pet Peeve #5 – Being Vague or Uncertain as to Why You Want the Job (13:31)
· Pet Peeve #4 – Not Being Prepared (15:25)
· Pet Peeve #3 – Answering Questions too Quickly (17:56)
· Pet Peeve #2 – Not Being Good at the Virtual Interview (20:42)
· Pet Peeve #1 – Not Telling a Clear Story (21:57)
· Interview Are All About Building Relationships (26:55)
· Join My Private “Your Mid-Career GPS” Facebook Group and Visit https://johnneral.com to download my free guide (28:50)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of an amazing group of like-minded professionals navigating their career path just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.