In the last episode, I took you through tips #6-10 to help you CRUSH Your Next Interview. This episode walks you through my top five interview tips. If you do just one of these things, you will approach your next interview from a completely different place.
In this episode, I’m talking about how you can answer the dreaded “Tell Me About Yourself” question differently that will immediately generate more interest in who you are and what you do. Hint: Don’t recap your resume job by job.
Remember, they are interviewing you, and you get to interview them as well. So be clear about why you are interviewing and why you want the job.
I’ve interviewed many people in my career, and I’ve interviewed for a lot of jobs. Leverage my experience and insights to help you prepare more thoughtfully and strategically for your next interview.
Plus, stay tuned for next week’s episode when I share my interview pet peeves with you!
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Review of Last Week’s Episode and an Overview of These Tips (0:51)
· Tip #5 – Know Your Worth (3:17)
· Tip #4 – Stop Focusing on the Outcome (8:09)
· Tip #3 – Tell Your Story from a Place of Value and Service (11:15)
· Tip #2 – Answering the Tell Me About Yourself Question (14:55)
· Tip #1 – Make Agreements on Next Steps Before You End the Interview (19:20)
· Review My Top 5 Tips (25:43)
· Two Free Resources for You (26:44)
List of Resources:
· Listen to Episode 26 – Interview Tips and Best Practices #6-10
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of an amazing group of like-minded professionals navigating their career path just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.