Do you struggle during interviews? Do you get nervous and wonder how to control your nerves better?
You get nervous because you want the job and there is nothing wrong with that. However, you want to be careful not to let your nerves get in the way you tell your story from a place of value and service to the hiring manager and that new organization.
Join me as I share five of my best interview tips to help you navigate your next interview. I’ll talk about what can potentially detour you in this process and help you avoid any pitfalls along the way. Implement these tips, and you’ll SHOW UP for your next interview from a place of greater competence and confidence.
Remember, they are interviewing you, and you get to interview them as well. Be clear about why you are interviewing and why you want the job.
Plus, stay tuned over the next few episodes as I share more tips and strategies to help you CRUSH your next interview.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· What Has Been Working If You Are Getting Invited to Interviews (2:37)
· The “One-Way” Interview (3:31)
· Tip #10 – Match Your Energy At or Below the Interviewer (5:00)
· Tip #9 – Do the Work to Be Clear About Why You Want the Job (6:55)
· Tip #8 – Watch Your Time (10:50)
· Tip #7 – Using the STAR Method™ (13:09)
· Tip #6 – Be GREAT at the Virtual Interview (16:05)
· Some Final Thoughts About Tips #6-10 (20:51)
· Some Additional Next Steps (21:23)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of an amazing group of like-minded professionals navigating their career path just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.