Were you the kid who always knew what you wanted to do when you got older? If you had that clarity growing up, you are not guaranteed an easy career. Once you reach mid-career, you will still experience similar frustrations, achievements, and pivots as any other professional.
John gets on the mic with Attorney and Business Owner Jean Humbrecht to talk about her career path, why she always wanted to be an attorney, and why she finds handling criminal and traffic defense cases some of the most rewarding experiences of her career. Additionally, Jean Humbrecht is the author of the book “More Than a Fine: The True Cost of Speeding in Virginia.” We talk about why we need to be more aware of how a speeding ticket can impact our lives and careers. Jean also shares some powerful advice about why we all need to be better at delegating and how to harness the power of your networking and grow it authentically.
Connect with Jean:
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Why Jean always wanted to be an attorney (4:15)
· How Jean found her specialty (7:47)
· What it’s like for Jean to own her firm and to be her own boss (12:00)
· What most people don’t know about how speeding tickets can impact their lives (15:53)
· What parents/guardians need to know about their juveniles getting a speeding ticket (21:34)
· The power of delegating (28:25)
· Why you need to be a good networking connection to grow your career (32:55)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· If you’d like to get weekly information about leadership and career topics, sign up for my email newsletter here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.