Companies interview because they want the best talent. When you get that email or call inviting you to an interview, you know you’ve made it to the next step in the selection process. Now that you have the interview, it’s time to prepare and be more familiar with the different kinds of questions and how the process may unfold for you.
In this episode, I’m going to take you through the interview process and outline the different types of interviews, as well as “rounds,” and what you can expect at each stage. You will want to listen to this episode if you haven’t interviewed in some time or are looking for some additional information to help you prepare for whatever interview is next. Plus, I’m also going to walk you through the most significant change in interviewing that you must be ready to do well at – the one-way virtual interview.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· An Overview of the Interview Process (3:30)
· Virtual Interview Best Practices (6:05)
· What Happens During the First Round of Interviews? (11:11)
· What Happens During the Second Round of Interviews? (11:57)
· The One-Way Interview (13:11)
· Why Sending a Thank You Email is Imperative in This Process (16:15)
· What Happens During the Third/Final Round of Interviews? (17:38)
· You May Never Know Who Will Vouch for You in the Interview (22:12)
List of Resources:
· Join My Private Facebook Group – Your Mid-Career GPS
Calls to Action:
· Download “The 55-Minute Career Transition Jump Start” by clicking here or visiting https://johnneral.com.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Follow on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.