Writing cover letters aren’t easy, but, in general, you should write them any chance you have. Many people question it is worth the time, effort, and energy. However, any chance you get to tell someone more about your skills and talents and why they are needed in their organization is an opportunity you do not want to miss.
In this episode, I’m breaking down the importance of cover letters, when you should write them and when you shouldn’t. I’m also sharing one valuable tip to help you look at someone’s LinkedIn profile and know exactly what to write in your cover letter. Plus, I’m also sharing my three-paragraph structure for helping you write your cover letter and get hiring managers more interested in who you are and what you do.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· What is a Cover Letter and Why You Need One (2:35)
· The Biggest Mistake I Made When Sending Cover Letters (4:14)
· When to Write a Cover Letter and When Not To (5:50)
· Why Doing Your Research on the Company and Interviewer is Valuable Information for Your Cover Letter (7:24)
· Your Three Paragraph Cover Letter Structure (11:25)
· Having a Powerful Call to Action Makes All the Difference in Your Cover Letter (13:58)
List of Resources:
· Cover Letter Tips for 2021 Job Seekers - https://resumegenius.com/blog/cover-letter-help/cover-letter-tips
· Your Cover Letter is Your Story - https://johnneral.com/your-cover-letter-your-story/
Calls to Action:
· Download “The 55-Minute Career Transition Jump Start” by clicking here or visiting https://johnneral.com.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Follow on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.