As you navigate your career transition and continue to build Your Mid-Career GPS, getting interviews is a big step to helping you create whatever is next for you professionally. However, if you are getting interviews but aren’t getting selected, it’s safe to say that something isn’t working. Yes, there are always things you can do to improve your interview skills. However, preparation is one step – execution is another.
In this episode, I will show you where your interview preparation is helping you and where it may be hurting your chances of being selected for a position. Your preparation will help you identify the kinds of questions you will be asked and how you can answer them competently and confidently. But, you will be nervous. We all get nervous because that means we want the job. Nevertheless, being too nervous and not being able to put your thoughts together clearly and concisely will hurt your chances of being offered the job.
I’m going to share some valuable tips to make the most of your interview preparation and how you can manage your brain better to help you SHOW UP in the ways you want to present your brand to a potential employer.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Dealing with Your Nerves and Addressing Performance Anxiety (2:04)
· How Your Interview Preparation is Helping or Hurting You (9:03)
· My Experience as a Hiring Manager (14:14)
· One of My Most Memorable Interviews (16:30)
· Let Your Preparation Guide You to Your Next Successful Interview (17:48)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Download “The 55-Minute Career Transition Jump Start” by clicking here or visiting https://johnneral.com.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com for more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.