If you don’t have a plan for your career, you are making a big mistake. And if you don’t have that plan or uncertain as to whatever is next, you are in the right place listening to this podcast. I coach people on creating their Mid-Career GPS because it gives them clarity and direction to where their career is going, and there are four key steps you must take to make that plan.
There are many moving parts and logistics in your career, and you are probably worrying about all of the things you should be doing. You don’t have to do all of this yourself, and truthfully, you need to get super clear about one thing to make this process easier and less overwhelming.
Listen to this episode to learn what you need to do to prepare, position, and promote who you are and what you do while showing up to make the impact you want. If you implement these four steps, I guarantee you will have a more straightforward plan and direction to help you reach whatever career destination you have in your GPS.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Assessing your career situation (4:25)
· What I learned from the first time I got fired (10:30)
· How your resume and LinkedIn must position you strategically in the marketplace (13:10)
· Promoting who you are and what you do (14:57)
· Why SHOWing UP is the key to your success (17:14)
· Gaining momentum with each promotion or advancement (20:04)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· If you’d like to get weekly information about leadership and career topics, sign up for my email newsletter here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.