Don Schmincke has trained over 30,000 CEOs in over 100 industries. His unconventional methods provide Boards a refreshing change to the status quo by transcending typical approaches via refreshing alternatives to trendy theories, unproven methods, and phony "experts." Don’s direct and straightforward style, including his thoughts on why “leadership sucks,” is one reason why you won’t want to miss this episode.
In this episode, you’ll learn why people want to lead, knowing how challenging leadership can be. Plus, you’ll learn why high potentials are professionally cursed in many situations, why we are teaching leadership wrong, and the importance of winning at all levels in your career.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Please Share the Podcast with Three Friends (1:10)
· Meet Don Schmincke (3:20)
· Why Would You Want to Lead? (5:20)
· The Curse of High Potentials & Leadership (10:20)
· Where We Are Teaching Leadership Wrong (12:35)
· Tips for Leadership Success (15:50)
· Building Your Compelling Saga (21:50)
· Winning at Different Leadership Levels (23:55)
· Don’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (25:15)
· Connect with Don Schmincke (26:20)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information
· Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Follow me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.