As you progress along your leadership journey, you must be mindful of various leadership hits and misses. These leadership skills and traits will propel your career or stall it. As a leader, you demonstrate skills from the leaders whom you’ve appreciated, admired, and loathed.
In this episode, I’ll share ten leadership skills that either help or hinder your progress as you navigate your organization or are ready to leverage your leadership and executive presence into a new role.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Knowledge (5:37)
· Management/Leadership Style (7:52)
· Vision (12:50)
· Consistency (15:40)
· Empathy (19:20)
· Decisiveness (23:27)
· Authenticity (27:08)
· Accountability (32:20)
· Ability to Develop Talent (38:25)
· Resiliency (42:08)
· Wrap-Up (43:50)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Click here to subscribe to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast +. This is a premium or subscriber-based version of the podcast where each month, you’ll get access to a special training or topic only for subscribers.
· Purchase John’s Books on Amazon – Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next and SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career
· The Mid-Career GPS Podcast is featured in Mac’s List of the Top Career Podcasts. Click here to learn more.
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.