Last week, Tucker Carlson and Fox News parted ways, and CNN terminated Don Lemon. As we’ve followed the news this past week, it got me thinking about how we are all replaceable. No matter how good or how valuable you think, you are.
In this episode, John breaks down some career thought derailers for you and why the sooner we realize we are all replaceable, the better our mid-career journeys will be. Plus, you’ll learn the difference between being replaceable and valuable and how they impact your Mid-Career GPS.
Click here to subscribe to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast +.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Subscribe to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast + (1:05)
· A Personal Note (2:40)
· Three Stages of Our Career Journey (6:55)
· Thoughts About Our Professional Value (10:10)
· My First Thoughts When I Heard About Tucker and Don (11:50)
· Difference Between Being Replaceable and Valuable (16:15)
· Being Humble & Confident (23:00)
· Wrap-Up (25:45)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Click here to subscribe to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast +. This is a premium or subscriber-based version of the podcast where each month, you’ll get access to a special training or topic only for subscribers.
· Purchase John’s Books on Amazon – Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next and SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career
· The Mid-Career GPS Podcast is featured in Mac’s List of the Top Career Podcasts. Click here to learn more.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.