Katherine McCord has dedicated her career to growing inclusion and better people operations for everyone. As someone passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, Katherine creates safe spaces for people to discuss, learn, and grow personally and professionally.
In this episode, Katherine gets on the mic with John to discuss why we shouldn’t be afraid of unintentionally getting DEI initiatives wrong, what it’s like to be on the other side of the HR desk knowing that HR has no power in certain organizations, how to deal with ageism in your career, and why we could all benefit from being more like her grandmother.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Get John’s Free Career Guide (1:45)
· Meet Katherine McCord (3:15)
· Being Neuro-Physically Diverse (6:45)
· Being Afraid of Screwing Up DEI Initiatives (10:15)
· Break Your Ego Defense (11:25)
· Dealing with Human Resources (HR) (16:45)
· Tips for Dealing with Ageism in the Workplace (19:45)
· Being Like MiMi (22:00)
· Not Setting Career Goals (25:30)
· Katherine’s Mid-Career GPS Advice (28:00)
· Connect with Katherine McCord (29:30)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Click here to subscribe to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast +. This is a premium or subscriber-based version of the podcast.
· Purchase John’s Books on Amazon – Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next and SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career
· The Mid-Career GPS Podcast is featured in Mac’s List of the Top Career Podcasts. Click here to learn more.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.