Whether you are actively seeking a promotion or a new job at a different organization, you must be aware of your professional brand. Many mid-career professionals THINK they know their brand, but they have never asked anyone or done the hard work to understand what others say about them. As Jeff Bezos says, “Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.”
In this episode, I’ll share a step-by-step process to help you get the information you need about your professional brand and what you need to do if the feedback you receive doesn’t align with your brand concept.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Defining Your Professional Brand (4:00)
· Being Brand Loyal (8:15)
· Brand v. Reputation (20:30)
· Promoting & Protecting Your Brand (23:00)
· Wrap Up (
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.