The job market is a bit confusing. With the tech industry seeing more layoffs and companies being more selective about who they are hiring, it’s more important than ever to know how to tell your story from a place of value and service.
But some mid-career professionals are coming across as needy or desperate. They try to convince a recruiter or hiring manager they are the best person for the job. However, this results in endless rejections and hearing crickets after you’ve been interviewed.
In this episode, I’m going to help you put an end to being needy or desperate and SHOW UP from a much more powerful place to get more people interested in who you are and what you do, so you can find that job you love.
Visit John’s Website, LinkedIn, or email him at email@example.com.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Subscribe to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast + (1:55)
· Current Job Market Trends (3:05)
· How Being Convincing Shows Up (6:30)
· Shifting Your Thoughts (7:55)
· What Is Your Unique Professional Value (10:15)
· Be a Better Storyteller (11:50)
· Build a Better Relationship (14:00)
· Your Circumstances May Be Added Pressure (18:00)
· Are You Ready for Coaching? (19:50)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.