Keeping employees engaged in a remote or virtual working environment is more important than ever. As more companies struggle with what returning to the worksite looks like, mid-career professionals must stay engaged and lead their teams accordingly.
In this episode, John sits down with executive career and job search expert Marcelle Yeager to discuss specific strategies to help you increase employee engagement and retention. Marcelle brings a fresh and welcomed approach to ensuring everyone is heard and validated while still holding them accountable.
You'll learn tips on being a better communicator, how to lead your virtual teams, the future of remote work, and how to keep your employees happy, engaged, productive, and with you for years to come.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00
· Meet Marcelle Yeager (5:00)
· Writing is a Powerful and Much Needed Skill (9:25)
· Be a Better Communicator (11:45)
· Tips for Leading Virtual Teams (16:15)
· Should Your Camera Always Be On? (19:15)
· Future of Remote Work (25:00)
· Better Employee Retention Strategies (27:35)
· Marcelle’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (29:45)
· Connect with Marcelle (31:15)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Quote / Knowledge Panel
In the end, everybody wants to be understood. As a human, that’s the ultimate goal and feeling we all need, and that’s true at work as well. You should also think about am I checking in with my colleagues and asking them, “How are they doing?” I think some people are afraid to do that but it really goes a long way.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free "Mid-Career Job Seekers Checklist." Plus, check out other leadership and career resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.