Have you ever wondered if you could have gotten more compensation if you simply negotiated better? It’s a question many mid-career professionals ask themselves, and today’s guest will help you navigate Your Mid-Career GPS to a successful negotiation.
In this episode, you’ll meet Brandon Bramley from The Salary Negotiator. John and Brandon talk about how to remove the fear from negotiating your salary, how to do your research to strategically position yourself in the negotiation, how to know when it’s their “best and final offer,” and what Brandon learned negotiating his first job offer that built his Mid-Career GPS to where he is today.
Brandon Bramley is the Founder of The Salary Negotiator, where he provides professional job offer and salary negotiation coaching to help individuals navigate their job offer negotiation process confidently and earn higher compensation. He’s coached clients through hundreds of salary negotiations with companies ranging in size from small businesses and startups to some of the largest global corporations such as Google, Meta, Apple, and Microsoft.
Click the links below to learn more about Brandon Bramley:
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
Update Time Stamps After Introduction
· Introduction (0:00)
· Meet Brandon Bramley (3:55)
· Negotiating His First Job Offer (5:40)
· Removing Fear From Negotiating Your Salary (9:55)
· Do Your Research (13:55)
· Understanding BAFO (Best & Final Offer) (20:40)
· Rescinding a Job Offer (26:55)
· Brandon’s GPS Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (31:15)
· Connect with Brandon (33:25)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.