Jeff Perry is a mid-career professional who knows what it is like to be more than an engineer. As a software, mechanical, and manufacturing engineer, Jeff parlayed his successful career into developing people in his career coaching practice.
For years, Jeff was on the front lines of the technical world. As the tech world makes some changes in 2023, Jeff is here to help you leverage your technical talents and expertise to become a quality leader.
In this episode, John and Jeff talk about the importance of career clarity to understand your professional fit, why your professional mindset matters as you seek your next advancement opportunity, and why you should never say “yes” to a job that isn’t the right fit for you.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Get Your Free GPS Career Guide (1:47)
· Meet Jeff Perry (3:34)
· Understanding Your Professional Fit (6:09)
· Why Engineers Are Professionally Misunderstood (8:14)
· Your Professional Mindset (11:14)
· Having a Better Interview (16:01)
· Don’t Say Yes to Something That Isn’t the Right Fit (18:11)
· Identifying Your Outstanding Value (23:24)
· What is the Problem That Needs to Be Solved? (24:04)
· Jeff’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (24:47)
· Connect with Jeff (30:19)
· Wrap-Up (32:19)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John NeralSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.