Asking for what you want doesn’t have to be a difficult task. However, many mid-career professionals often struggle with asking for what they want, especially regarding their salary and compensation.
Christy Metcalf is an expert when it comes to asking for what you want in your career and life. She is the President and Founder of CEO Learning Systems, a company dedicated to helping women make more money without feeling like they need to work harder or sacrifice what’s most important to them. And make no mistake; everyone will benefit from this episode.
In this episode, you’ll learn the difference between feeling good and feeling usable or relevant, how to examine your thoughts about money and how they impact your life and career, as well as how to ask for what you want, negotiate a better salary, and get what you are worth.
Make sure to connect with Christy on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/christy-metcalf/.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Get Your Free Guide (1:53)
· What Christy Wanted to Be Growing Up (3:40)
· Christy’s Early Career (4:49)
· What Makes a Good Training? (6:25)
· Feeling Good vs. Feeling Usable (7:03)
· Your Money Thoughts & Values (8:55)
· Who Christy Works With (10:10)
· Where Fear Holds Us Back from Success (14:05)
· How Women Typically Negotiate Their First Starting Salary (17:15)
· Asking for Your Salary & Your Worth (20:40)
· Christy’s Mid-Career GPS Advice (30:40)
· Connect with Christy Metcalf (31:25)
· Wrap-Up (32:10)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.