It’s that time of year! You’re back to work; for many of you, it’s time to have your annual performance appraisal.
However, depending on your company and your manager, your performance appraisal might be a lackluster experience. And that may leave you feeling resentful.
And if you’re a manager, how you conduct your performance appraisal meetings with your direct reports says a lot about how invested you are in the process and how invested you are in them.
In this episode, I will walk you through some of my best practices to help you prepare for and conduct your performance appraisal meeting. Whether you’re getting your performance appraisal or delivering one to your team, this information is relevant. And I’ll share some guidance on how to deal with any resentment you’re feeling before, during, or after the performance appraisal process.
Click Here to Register for My Free Webinar on January 17th at 12:00 pm EST, “Preparing for Your Performance Appraisal Meeting – What to Do Before, During, And After to Ensure Success” or visit https://johnneral.com for more information.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Get Your Free Guide (1:54)
· Register for Free Performance Appraisal Webinar (2:30)
· What is a Performance Appraisal? (4:05)
· Your Thoughts About Your Performance Appraisal (7:50)
· Dealing with Resentment (11:54)
· John’s Tip to Help You Prepare for Your Performance Appraisal Meeting (23:00)
· Wrap-Up (25:00)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Free Guide - 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing)
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John NeralSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.