One of the most popular songs in the musical Hamilton is “Not Throwing Away My Shot.” Many job seekers feel the same way when they network and interview.
You must find a way to connect whenever you are networking or interviewing. In this Best of Episode, you’ll hear from eight of my guests who share their best tips to SHOW UP as you protect and promote your brand on social media whenever you have a chance to tell your story to someone. Their tips and success stories will inspire and motivate you.
Click the links below to learn more about my guests:
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Shay Banks’s Advice to Build Your Professional Brand (3:57)
· Dr. Malissa Clark’s Advice to Be Open to New Possibilities (5:29)
· Grant Chungo’s Tip to Be Yourself During Any Interview (8:38)
· Kevin Huntting’s Tip to Be Patient with Yourself (10:24)
· Maria Rosati’s Best Networking Tip (12:52)
· Cait Donovan’s Life Pruning Exercise (15:32)
· Deb Coviello’s Tip to Not Do It Alone (19:15)
· Tracy Hooper’s Advice When You Don’t Get the Job (20:26)
· Wrap-Up (22:38)
Listen to their previous episodes:
· Shay Banks – Ep. 124
· Dr. Malissa Clark – Ep. 87
· Grant Chungo – Ep. 119
· Kevin Huntting – Ep. 99
· Maria Rosati – Ep, 105
· Cait Donovan – Ep. 127
· Deb Coviello – Ep. 90
· Tracy Hooper – Ep. 110
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John NeralSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.