Informational interviews are great opportunities to learn more about other people and what they do. As the year comes to a close, now is a great time to expand your network and conduct informational interviews. Whether you are seeking a new job or learning about a particular company, these interviews will help you get the information you need to make a successful decision about your next career move.
In this episode, I’ll share three reasons why now is a great time to conduct informational interviews so you can build Your Mid-Career GPS to whatever is next. Plus, I’ll tell you my favorite tips to help make those informational interviews much more straightforward and with greater appreciation to anyone who offers their time to talk to you.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Stop Making These Mid-Career Mistakes (2:05)
· Benefits of Informational Interviews (2:40)
· #1 – Build Your Network (4:20)
· #2 – Practice Your Conversation/Interview Skills (7:05)
· #3 – The Grass May Not Be Greener Somewhere Else (8:10)
· Bonus Tip – People Have Time (10:00)
· Best Practices for Informational Interviews (12:15)
· Wrap Up (17:45)
Click here to listen to Episode 47 – Five Tips for Your Next Informational Interview.
List of Resources:
· 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) by John Neral
· What to Expect in an Informational Interview – Indeed.com
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.