From Wikipedia, “Quiet Quitting” is an application of work-to-rule, in which employee work within defined work hours and engage in work-related activities solely within those hours. Despite the name, the philosophy of quiet quitting is not connected to quitting a job outright but rather doing precisely what the job requires. Proponents of quiet quitting refer to it as “acting your wage.” You’ve probably seen TikToks and other social media posts related to this concept.
In this episode, I share some tips to help you if you are quietly quitting. Plus, I share some tips for managers who might suspect one or more of their employees are quietly quitting.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Stop Making These Mid-Career Mistakes (1:30)
· What is “Quiet Quitting?” (2:35)
· Quiet Quitting is a Choice (5:00)
· What to Do if You Suspect an Employee is Quietly Quitting (10:15)
· Assessing Fit (14:15)
· Wrap Up (17:37)
List of Resources:
· 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) by John Neral
· Episode 96: Why You Need to Write More LinkedIn Recommendations
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.