You must think about your value add when you consider finding a new job or going for an internal promotion in your company. But first, do you know what your value add is?
In today’s episode, you’ll learn how to define your value add so you can communicate that more clearly and specifically to anyone interested in learning more about you and what you do. Plus, John talks to you about creating content and why it may not be your best move right now when you think about your value add.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Stop Making These Mid-Career Mistakes (4:26)
· Defining Your Value Add (6:20)
· What to Do If You Don’t Have a Value Add (10:58)
· Creating Content & Engagement on LinkedIn (12:30)
· Thoughts About Not Finding a Job (16:50)
· Wrap Up (20:20)
List of Resources:
· 5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) by John Neral
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.